What is PANS
PANS (“Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome”) is a clinical disorder characterized by the sudden onset of obsessive-compulsive symptoms (OCD) or eating restrictions, concomitant with acute behavioral deterioration in at least two of the following:
- Separation Anxiety
- Emotional lability
- Behavioral/developmental regression
- Sensory/motor abnormalities – handwriting deterioration
- Deterioration of school performance
- Urinary symptoms (urgency, frequency, enuresis)
- Sleep disturbance (difficulty falling asleep, REM disinhibition/restless sleep)
Ironing Out the Wrinkles
Life was once a tangled mess. Like saying yours, and meaning mine. Like feeling sick, but staying fine. Like ordering milk, and getting wine. Like seeing a tree, and saying vine. But I’m slowly straightening it out.
Life is now a lot more clear.
The tangles are unraveling,
And hope is near.
Sure there are bumps ahead.
But no more do I look on with dread.
After fourteen years the tangles have straightened.